Flamingos Full Crew Socks
We surveyed 100 flamingos and 99% said if they had feet, they’d wear our Flamingo Socks. Don’t ask us what happened to the other 1%.
Plainsbreaker socks are:
- 77% Organic Cotton / 20% Nylon / 3% Elastic.
- Our cotton is 100% organic, and certified in the following: GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standards), OEKO-TEX, DETOX, BCI (Better Cotton Initiative).
- Made in Canada! Designed, manufactured and shipped from Calgary, Alberta.
- Funky and fun to express your personality.
Global Organic Textile Standards (GOTS)
An item of clothing labelled GOTS must contain a minimum of 70% certified organic fibres. Organic fibres are natural fibres grown without the use of synthetic pesticides, insecticides, herbicides or GMOs. Organic agriculture is system that better sustains the health of ecosystems, soils and people.
Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX is one of the world's best-known labels for textiles tested for harmful substances. If an item of clothing carries this label, you can be certain that every component has been tested for harmful substances and is harmless for human health.
DETOX is a campaign launched by Greenpeace in 2011 with a goal to exclude hazardous chemicals from textile production.
Better Cotton Initiative (BCI)
The Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) is a global not-for-profit organization and the largest cotton sustainability program in the world. BCI exists to make global cotton production better for the people who produce it, better for the environment it grows in and better for the sector’s future.